Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Feedly Article #2 - Year One With 3D Printer


In the blog post, “Year One With 3D Printer,” I learned how to utilize a 3D printer in the classroom. The author discussed the many things that were learned throughout the whole year from using the printer. Since this is relatively new technology, the blog discussed that there will probably be trial-and-error periods when trying to get accustomed to it. One of the most important aspects discussed was safety. After something has been 3D printed, it will most likely be hot. This article discussed how to keep students distracted from touching the hot surface.
Hopefully, I will be able to apply what I have learned about 3D printing to my teaching. I believe that by having my students use 3D printers will not only help them accomplish their project that they are building, but also spark their interest in science and technology. Since this is new technology, it would be a good thing to teach students how 3D printing works and how to use it. This could possibly be an entire lesson for science. If I am lucky enough to have access to a 3D printer, I believe it will have a significant role in my classroom. After watching this short video, I am convinced that 3D printing could create new learning opportunities for my students.

 
To learn more about 3D printing in the classroom, and to read more blogs by Vicki Davis, please visit: http://www.edutopia.org/blog/year-one-with-3d-printer-vicki-davis





No comments:

Post a Comment